Articles | Volume 14, issue 2
© Author(s) 2021. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
The Nonhydrostatic ICosahedral Atmospheric Model for CMIP6 HighResMIP simulations (NICAM16-S): experimental design, model description, and impacts of model updates
Total article views: 3,516 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 01 Apr 2020)Views and downloads (calculated since 01 Apr 2020)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,516 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,132 with geography defined and 384 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,560 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,327 with geography defined and 233 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 956 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 805 with geography defined and 151 with unknown origin.
27 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Cloud Microphysics in Global Cloud Resolving Models T. Seiki et al. 10.1080/07055900.2022.2075310
- A 1024-Member NICAM-LETKF Experiment for the July 2020 Heavy Rainfall Event K. Terasaki & T. Miyoshi 10.2151/sola.18A-002
- Ensemble‐Based Data Assimilation of GPM DPR Reflectivity: Cloud Microphysics Parameter Estimation With the Nonhydrostatic Icosahedral Atmospheric Model (NICAM) S. Kotsuki et al. 10.1029/2022JD037447
- Response of convective systems to the orbital forcing of the last interglacial in a global nonhydrostatic atmospheric model with and without a convective parameterization M. Chikira et al. 10.1007/s00382-021-06056-5
- Current and Future Climate Extremes Over Latin America and Caribbean: Assessing Earth System Models from High Resolution Model Intercomparison Project (HighResMIP) A. Avila-Diaz et al. 10.1007/s41748-022-00337-7
- Evaluation of cloud and precipitation processes in regional and global models with ULTIMATE (ULTra-sIte for Measuring Atmosphere of Tokyo metropolitan Environment): a case study using the dual-polarization Doppler weather radars M. Satoh et al. 10.1186/s40645-022-00511-5
- Properties, Changes, and Controls of Deep‐Convecting Clouds in Radiative‐Convective Equilibrium C. Stauffer & A. Wing 10.1029/2021MS002917
- Improvements of the Double-Moment Bulk Cloud Microphysics Scheme in the Nonhydrostatic Icosahedral Atmospheric Model (NICAM) T. Seiki & T. Ohno 10.1175/JAS-D-22-0049.1
- Calibration and Uncertainty Quantification of a Gravity Wave Parameterization: A Case Study of the Quasi‐Biennial Oscillation in an Intermediate Complexity Climate Model L. Mansfield & A. Sheshadri 10.1029/2022MS003245
- Climate of High-obliquity Exoterrestrial Planets with a Three-dimensional Cloud System Resolving Climate Model T. Kodama et al. 10.3847/1538-4357/ac98ae
- Large Ensemble Simulation for Investigating Predictability of Precursor Vortices of Typhoon Faxai in 2019 With a 14‐km Mesh Global Nonhydrostatic Atmospheric Model Y. Yamada et al. 10.1029/2022GL100565
- Future Projections of Multiple Tropical Cyclone Events in the Northern Hemisphere in the CMIP6‐HighResMIP Models Z. Fu et al. 10.1029/2023GL103064
- Recent global nonhydrostatic modeling approach without using a cumulus parameterization to understand the mechanisms underlying cloud changes due to global warming A. Noda et al. 10.1186/s40645-023-00583-x
- Mesoscale convective systems over the Amazon basin in a changing climate under global warming A. Rehbein & T. Ambrizzi 10.1007/s00382-022-06657-8
- Performance of CMIP6 HighResMIP on the Representation of Onset and Cessation of Seasonal Rainfall in Southern West Africa F. Nkrumah et al. 10.3390/atmos13070999
- Evaluation of CMIP6 HighResMIP Models and ERA5 Reanalysis in Simulating Summer Precipitation over the Tibetan Plateau T. Chen et al. 10.3390/atmos14061015
- Mesoscale Convective Systems Simulated by a High‐Resolution Global Nonhydrostatic Model Over the United States and China Y. Na et al. 10.1029/2021JD035916
- Analysis of the Factors that Led to Uncertainty of Track Forecast of Typhoon Krosa (2019) by 101-Member Ensemble Forecast Experiments Using NICAM M. NAKANO et al. 10.2151/jmsj.2023-013
- Possible Roles of the Sea Surface Temperature Warming of the Pacific Meridional Mode and the Indian Ocean Warming on Tropical Cyclone Genesis over the North Pacific for the Super El Niño in 2015 T. ISHIYAMA et al. 10.2151/jmsj.2022-040
- On the Semidiurnal Variation in Surface Rainfall Rate over the Tropics in a Global Cloud-Resolving Model Simulation and Satellite Observations T. INOUE et al. 10.2151/jmsj.2021-066
- Improved Representation of Low‐Level Mixed‐Phase Clouds in a Global Cloud‐System‐Resolving Simulation A. Noda et al. 10.1029/2021JD035223
- Flux Adjustment on Seasonal-Scale Sea Surface Temperature Drift in NICOCO R. MASUNAGA et al. 10.2151/jmsj.2023-010
- AMIP Simulations of a Global Model for Unified Weather‐Climate Forecast: Understanding Precipitation Characteristics and Sensitivity Over East Asia Y. Zhang et al. 10.1029/2021MS002592
- Impacts of Cloud Microphysics Modifications on Diurnal Convection and the ISO over the Maritime Continent: A Case Study of YMC-Sumatra 2017 T. Nasuno 10.2151/sola.2021-003
- Global aerosol simulations using NICAM.16 on a 14 km grid spacing for a climate study: improved and remaining issues relative to a lower-resolution model D. Goto et al. 10.5194/gmd-13-3731-2020
- A Wall‐Like Sharp Downward Branch of the Walker Circulation Above the Western Indian Ocean T. Kohyama et al. 10.1029/2021JD034650
- Evaluation of the contribution of tropical cyclone seeds to changes in tropical cyclone frequency due to global warming in high-resolution multi-model ensemble simulations Y. Yamada et al. 10.1186/s40645-020-00397-1
Latest update: 05 Dec 2023