Development and technical paper
24 Feb 2017
Development and technical paper | 24 Feb 2017
A vertical representation of soil carbon in the JULES land surface scheme (vn4.3_permafrost) with a focus on permafrost regions
Eleanor J. Burke et al.
Total article views: 2,951 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 28 Sep 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 28 Sep 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,805 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,789 with geography defined and 16 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,459 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,444 with geography defined and 15 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 346 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 345 with geography defined and 1 with unknown origin.
26 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Leaching of dissolved organic carbon from mineral soils plays a significant role in the terrestrial carbon balance M. Nakhavali et al. 10.1111/gcb.15460
- A new approach to simulate peat accumulation, degradation and stability in a global land surface scheme (JULES vn5.8_accumulate_soil) for northern and temperate peatlands S. Chadburn et al. 10.5194/gmd-15-1633-2022
- Evaluating permafrost physics in the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project 6 (CMIP6) models and their sensitivity to climate change E. Burke et al. 10.5194/tc-14-3155-2020
- Quantifying uncertainties of permafrost carbon–climate feedbacks E. Burke et al. 10.5194/bg-14-3051-2017
- Representation of dissolved organic carbon in the JULES land surface model (vn4.4_JULES-DOCM) M. Nakhavali et al. 10.5194/gmd-11-593-2018
- Climate policy implications of nonlinear decline of Arctic land permafrost and other cryosphere elements D. Yumashev et al. 10.1038/s41467-019-09863-x
- Land Use and Land Cover Affect the Depth Distribution of Soil Carbon: Insights From a Large Database of Soil Profiles B. Sulman et al. 10.3389/fenvs.2020.00146
- Carbon budgets for 1.5 and 2 °C targets lowered by natural wetland and permafrost feedbacks E. Comyn-Platt et al. 10.1038/s41561-018-0174-9
- Path-dependent reductions in CO2 emission budgets caused by permafrost carbon release T. Gasser et al. 10.1038/s41561-018-0227-0
- Radiocarbon Analyses Quantify Peat Carbon Losses With Increasing Temperature in a Whole Ecosystem Warming Experiment R. Wilson et al. 10.1029/2021JG006511
- Estimation of Permafrost SOC Stock and Turnover Time Using a Land Surface Model With Vertical Heterogeneity of Permafrost Soils S. Shu et al. 10.1029/2020GB006585
- Regional variation in the effectiveness of methane-based and land-based climate mitigation options G. Hayman et al. 10.5194/esd-12-513-2021
- Progress in space-borne studies of permafrost for climate science: Towards a multi-ECV approach A. Trofaier et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2017.05.021
- Diverging responses of high-latitude CO<sub>2</sub> and CH<sub>4</sub> emissions in idealized climate change scenarios P. de Vrese et al. 10.5194/tc-15-1097-2021
- CO 2 loss by permafrost thawing implies additional emissions reductions to limit warming to 1.5 or 2 °C E. Burke et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/aaa138
- Potential feedbacks between loss of biosphere integrity and climate change S. Lade et al. 10.1017/sus.2019.18
- Land-use emissions play a critical role in land-based mitigation for Paris climate targets A. Harper et al. 10.1038/s41467-018-05340-z
- Modeled Microbial Dynamics Explain the Apparent Temperature Sensitivity of Wetland Methane Emissions S. Chadburn et al. 10.1029/2020GB006678
- Evaluation of simulated soil carbon dynamics in Arctic-Boreal ecosystems D. Huntzinger et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/ab6784
- ORCHIDEE-MICT (v8.4.1), a land surface model for the high latitudes: model description and validation M. Guimberteau et al. 10.5194/gmd-11-121-2018
- Disentangling land model uncertainty via Matrix-based Ensemble Model Inter-comparison Platform (MEMIP) C. Liao et al. 10.1186/s13717-021-00356-8
- Matrix-Based Sensitivity Assessment of Soil Organic Carbon Storage: A Case Study from the ORCHIDEE-MICT Model Y. Huang et al. 10.1029/2017MS001237
- Plant carbon allocation drives turnover of old soil organic matter in permafrost tundra soils L. Street et al. 10.1111/gcb.15134
- JULES-BE: representation of bioenergy crops and harvesting in the Joint UK Land Environment Simulator vn5.1 E. Littleton et al. 10.5194/gmd-13-1123-2020
- JULES-CN: a coupled terrestrial carbon–nitrogen scheme (JULES vn5.1) A. Wiltshire et al. 10.5194/gmd-14-2161-2021
- Carbon stocks and fluxes in the high latitudes: using site-level data to evaluate Earth system models S. Chadburn et al. 10.5194/bg-14-5143-2017
Saved (final revised paper)
Latest update: 03 Jul 2022